Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cupcake Addict

I'm a cupcake addict. It all started a little over a year ago. I was walking down main street in Amherst when suddenly I saw it... a cookbook that would change my life forever. I immediately walked into the store and asked the girl behind the counter where I could find a copy of it. She said the one in the window was the only copy they had. I bought it right then and there. My intentions at the time were to give it to my # 1 Cupcake (Sam) for his birthday. But I couldn't bare the thought of parting with it when his b-day rolled around so I kept it. I figured he would reap the benefits anyways so it didn't really quite matter who the book technically belonged to. It's called Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. Let me tell you something... these cupcakes have certainly taken over my world. I've tried quite a few of the recipes so far and they have all been pretty fantastic. Mine are typically not as beautiful as the ones on the glossy colored pages but they taste divine. Today I made Cookies & Cream Cupcakes and Peanut Butter Cupcakes that will have chocolate ganache dribbled on them. We'll eat them tomorrow when some friends come over to watch the superbowl. Sam loves the Steelers so I put yellow food coloring in the frosting of the Cookies & Cream ones. The coloring didn't really blend in very well, which may have been caused by the fact that it's pretty old, all-natural, plant based food coloring, and or because I accidentily skipped a step where you blend the margerine and shortening together before adding the sugar... who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment