Monday, July 13, 2009

Wilco loves you baby!

This weekend, my mom and I went to go see WILCO at LeLacheur Park in Lowell, MA. It was a fantastically fun time! Although the forcast called for rain starting at 5, the precipitation held off until just after 10, which meant we got to see the vast majority of the show before they called it. I bumped into an old pal from my freshman dorm in college, as well as a newer friend whom I've recently met through mutual friends!

Before the show, my mom and I got a bite to eat at the Life Alive Urban Oasis and Organic Cafe... It was quite tasty. I found it on the internet using happycow.net. (Do you know about HappyCow? If you are vegetarian or just really into eating healthy, HappyCow is critical to know about... especially if you ever travel. Basically you can search for veggie friendly restuarants and health food stores based on a specific location. My boyfriend rellies on this page as a veg-head who travels regularly for work. It has provided critical info for me when I'm out and about and I highly recommend it for the next time you're traveling!)

The most pleasant surprise of the evening came about half way through the show when the gal standing next to us started talking to her friends. I immediately recognized her voice as the co-host of The Roundtable program on my local NPR station, WAMC. I listen to this show everyday. One of the best parts of the program is that this particular co-host, Sarah LaDuke, is a huge Wilco fan! I've listened to several of her interviews with Jeff Tweedy, Wilco's frontman. The funny thing is that I had just been telling my mom about Sarah's interviews about a half an hour before she appeared next to us. I had to have a 'geek-out' moment and tell her that I was an avid listener and big fan of the show. She was friendly and sweet, and told me how her favorite part of her job was getting to interview Wilco from time to time.

All in all, it was a lot of fun to go out and see some great music with my mom. If you haven't seen any music being performed live & in-person lately, DO IT! It provides a huge amount of inspiration in my life and work, plus it's a way to unwind from the daily grind.

Wilco loves you baby! Happy Monday, enjoy the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment