Monday, August 31, 2009

ChiliFest

Once again this weekend, I participated as a craft vendor at a local farm festival. This weekend was ChiliFest at Stone Soup Farm in Belchertown, MA. It was originally scheduled for Saturday but postponed until Sunday because of rainy weather. I have to say, it was well worth the delay; we had perfect weather on Sunday! Stone Soup Farm is a lovely place that grows a wide array of beautiful fresh produce. There was lots of great food to snack on including a variety of salsas that were made from different types of hot peppers. They even had a chili cookoff!

I was also lucky enough to have my craft show schedule overlap with Rusty Belle's tour again at ChiliFest. Although they were only 3 this weekend (down one Jazer), they still rocked my world. I used to live with all of them in the Amity House and I miss hearing their sweet melodies drift into my room as they rehearsed at night.
It's been such a treat to meet so many friendly local farmers in the last few weeks. I recommend getting out to a farm festival this fall. You not only get the chance to meet new people, you also get to acquaint yourself with the place that your food is grown! These events often feature local artisans, live music, and tasty treats; it doesn't get any better than that! If you can't make it to any special farm events, be sure to do some of your own apple picking this fall, you'll be happy you did!

1 comment: