Thursday, September 17, 2009

Karen's Picks :: Vol. 9 :: stART On The Street 2009

This Sunday, September 20th, is stART On The Street in Worcester, MA. It's one of my favorite shows of the year! This is a HUGE event that offers a little something for everyone. There are roughly 250 vendors from all over New England that will be hawking their handmade wears along Park Ave. You can also expect live music, street performances, kid's activities, and local restaurants serving up the good eats. The festivities run from 11am to 5pm... get there early to make all the rounds... there is tons to see and do! The event is FREE but be sure to support this amazing not-for-profit group (stART) by purchasing one of this year's 'stART In Motion' t-shirts (By artist Scott Boilard), a tote, and/or bumper stickers. This group of dedicated volunteers has truly helped to reinvent Worcester as a cultural arts hub!

This week's 'Karen's Picks' highlights just a few of the artists who will be participating in stART On The Street. Remember, there will be almost 250 vendors in attendance, this is an event worth checking out! Here's a preview of what you'll see on Sunday... Enjoy!

I love the color of Carnelian. These earrings are striking yet elegant. The perfect addition to your little black dress. By FancyFreeMe, $20.It does not get any better than a hand-painted greeting card; especially when it's as cute as this one! By happydaystudio, $5. Hold your pants up while showing your strength and resistance against the evil powers that be with this super hip ceramic belt buckle. By harmonyarts, $20. (*Please note: this artist just notified me that a family affair has come up and they won't be able to make it. Please support this artist's shop on Etsy!)Coolest bookmark... ever. I want to get one this weekend! By heatherjeany, $2.I love to knit. Unfortunately, it's been at least a year since I've picked up my needles. I'm hoping to get a project or two going this January when things calm down a little for me and my business. This yarn makes me want to knit NOW! It's gorgeous! Handspun and hand dyed. By inlerah, $25.With all of the sewing that I do, I'm a sucker for cute pincushions. I'm also a cupcake junkie. I would love to get one of these for Christmas (hint, hint). By madeinlowell, $28.This upcycled wooden pencil box is adorned with vintage rulers and is the perfect scholastic addition to any desk. Be studious. Be organized. Give your pencils a real home. By MalcolmStudioShop, $22.Crystal Popko of PoPkO is one of my favorite local vendors. She's awesome and sweet and makes gorgeous butterfly jewelry! (I also really love her Glitter Pop Party Rings!) Here's one of her vibrant butterfly pendants... Gorgeous! By PoPkO, $65.This floral brooch is too cute! Made from upcycled vintage zippers, you can feel good knowing you look good and you're saving material from the landfill! Hooray! By zippinning, $22.I can't ever get enough music (which I suppose is a good thing because my boyfriend is an audio engineer). I desperately want to learn how to play the guitar. I may need to add it to my list of activities for January. I know that I'll want an awesome and colorful guitar strap for when I'm a rich and famous rock star. I really like the handwoven straps that are made by SleyTheDent, $39.I hope you've enjoyed this preview of all of the wonderful things that will be available at stART On The Street. Come on down and join us for a day of fun and celebration!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I love all of these items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you like them! I can't wait to see all the other treasures this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for choosing one of my items! It's a lot of fun to see the work of other local vendors featured here, some of whom I've met :) I have that heatherjeany bookmark and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete