Wednesday, October 21, 2009

And The Winner Is...

This Saturday I participated in the 40th Annual Bizarre Bazaar in Pittsfield, MA. The show was a fundraiser to raise money for programs run through the Gladys Allen Brigham Community Center. This bazaar featured over 100 vendors. My neighbor was Susan of Simply Susan's, a beeswax candle business. Her and her husband were funny and quite pleasurable to spend the day with. I even bought some beautiful candles from them to burn during our occasional power outages.

Early Saturday morning a gentleman came around the bazaar offering tickets for a vendor only 50/50 raffle. I decided to buy a ticket. They were a $1 each or 3 for $2. Since I had only made $2 in sales so far, I decided to buy only one ticket and save my other dollar. I asked the man if they would be calling the winner that night or notifying him or her that day. He replied that the winner would be told that day, to which I responded, "you mean you'll be telling me that I won later today". He laughed and said "Yeah, sure. Except you're the fourth person I've said that to so far." Sure enough... some hours later... a lady stopped by my table with an envelope that had my name on it. I actually won the raffle. Unfortunately, the man who sold me the ticket was not there to see me collect my winnings. I have to say, the whole situation made my day.

Karen's Picks will come to you tomorrow (Thursday)... Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment