Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Karen's Picks :: Vol. 15 :: Fall Back

Daylight Saving Time is upon us once again. This weekend, many people around the world will turn their clocks back one hour. Did you know that Daylight Saving Time is not federally regulated in the United States? Arizona and Hawaii don't participate in all this time travel business. The topic has been controversial throughout history. I recommend checking out Wikipedia or this article by National Geographic for more interesting tidbits about this bizarre custom.

This week's Karen's Picks showcases some wonderful ways to tell time. Don't forget to turn the clocks back... You'll get an extra hour of sleep on Sunday morning; perfect for snoozing off the candy hangover. Enjoy!

I majored in Geography in college. I'm a giant map dork. This clock would be a classy touch to an office or study. By IMOTIME, $32.This clock would be great in a big or little kid's room. By SackReligious, $40.It's Dali time. But don't forget, it's all relative. By PragmaticEffects, $50.
I love the original painting in this classic looking alarm clock. By tuesday79, $75.This one is made from an old record. Zen-like and recycled. Huzzah! By bearlyart, $19.99.Smooth lines and a modern design. Let this clock ease your transition between night and day. By pilotdesign, $45.I've always had a thing for Mission Style furniture. I've picked up this admiration from my mom. This clock is a beautiful example of the style. By PhilsWoodcrafts, $325.I love the creativity on Etsy when in comes to using recycled materials. Recycled Sunburst Clock is a shining example of this. By c2design, $25.The original painting on this piece is beautiful and serene. Gazing at it is a calming way to pass the time. By CreativeCanvasClocks, $74.
I know I've already featured this seller, but I LOVE these clocks. Before, I featured the Autumn Moon Clock. Today, I feature Silver Moon Clock. By CyberMoon, $16.

Until next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment