Thursday, January 28, 2010

Karen's Picks :: Vol. 17 :: Warm Winter Knits

And we're back! After a long hiatus for Karen's Picks, my weekly feature triumphantly returns! Without further ado, let's get down to business.

This week's picks are all items that would keep you quite warm and cozy through the winter. I live deep in the woods of the northeast United States, so warm (and stylish) knits are important accessories... You don't want to leave home without them.

For many, keeping that cup o' joe warm in the morning is critical. Now you can keep your favorite beverage warm and look good doing it. By CuffeShop, $14.Leg warmers are an under appreciated winter accessory. I like the simplicity of these ones. They'd be nice to lounge around in... By midnghtdolphin, $30.These mittens are beautiful. I fell in love with them the moment I saw them. So sweet and simple. By sweetcaitlin, $18.I don't do heels. Ever. But if I did, and I wanted to wear them out on a blistery evening, I would want some of these lovelies... By scarfmaker, $42.I'm going to start off by saying that fingerless gloves must be very popular these days. About 75% of the products found under gloves and mittens on Etsy are fingerless. Who knew? Personally speaking, I like my fingers covered. But I do appreciate fingerless gloves for driving. Anyways, after searching through tons of them, I finally settled on a pair that I really like. By homelab, $35.This neckwarmer is reversible... and the best part is that each side features different buttons- one side is quite feminine, while the other more masculine. This is a neckwarmer that you can share with your lover! (not at the same time, of course...) By yarncoture, $69.I don't get all dolled up very often, but this would be a lovely shrug to wear over a little black dress at a wintry party. So pretty... By trendyknitting, $72.If you know me, you know that everything in my closest has a hood attached to it. It's actually a little but silly. But anyways... This hooded scarf is just my speed. I think I need one. By Wrapt, $32.
These are just plain amazing. They make me want to go skiing and drink hot cocoa. By MockPinkDesigns, $40.Maybe you want to knit your own amazing accessories? This pattern looks great. And I love the name of this shop... By karendipity, $8.
And lastly, I had to include these. They are just the cutest darn things that I have seen in a long time. I want every small child on earth to wear them. By SaintReagansHollow, $39.99.
Enjoy the day and keep warm. ~ Cheers ~

5 comments:

  1. Wow...what a fantastic selection of winter warmers! Thank you so much for including me!

    Best Wishes,
    ~Yarn~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful collection of knitted items, all beautifully done. Would be hard to choose a favorite.
    Saw your blog post on the etsy forums thread about blogs. It's always nice to discover another great blog. I'm now following your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my fingerless gloves because I can still use my touchscreen phone :P My boyfriend thinks I'm a little addicted.

    Plus I think fingers are hard to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks Karen! I feel the need of these, especially this snowy morning....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your picks are all great.I 've noticed that most people prefer fingerless gloves because they can wear them most of the day.While typing,making coffee or any other activities during the day.Covered gloves are only for really cold weather and mostly outside.Since here in Athens,Greece the weather is chilly not cold,i prefer fingerless ,as well.
    Thank you for including my gloves in your article:)

    Kind regards
    Fotini

    ReplyDelete