Monday, April 26, 2010

Sustainability Festival + The Front Page

This past Saturday, I participated in Amherst's First Annual Sustainability Festival. Many of my peers from the Artisans of Western Mass also participated and we were all set-up next to each other. The weather was gorgeous and lots of people came out to check out the demonstrations, music, and craft. I used to live in the center of Amherst, so it was a real treat to see lots of friends on the common that I haven't seen in a while. It was also so lovely, to be set-up amidst all of my new crafty friends. The other people behind the Artisans of Western Mass have really become quite dear to me... It's so nice to have found a supportive network of people who are on the same path as me. We took this group shot in my tent at the end of the day... Unfortunately, I think we're missing two people who were still assisting their customers. Throughout the day, my biggest seller was my buttons, which makes perfect sense seeing as it was a sustainability festival and my buttons all deliver messages about the earth, agriculture, and community. Really, the entire weekend was all about the buttons for me... On Sunday afternoon, a set of my buttons in my Etsy shop were featured on Etsy's front page! This was incredibly exciting... I've been with Etsy for almost 3 years and this is my first front page appearance. It's a real milestone for my business. My product photographs have improved drastically over the last few years and I couldn't be happier about this latest development. Here's a screenshot from yesterday:
I hope that you enjoyed your weekend as well. Get out there and soak up the spring; it's beautiful out there! Cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment