Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Craft Show Craziness Begins

The time has finally come... after a quiet start to the year, the craft show season is upon us. I have already participated in 4 shows thus far in 2010, but now I'm getting into the thick of things (You can see my complete 2010 show schedule down the right hand side of this blog).

Last weekend I was part of a lovely little show in Florence MA called the Annual Mother's Day Craft Fair and Plant Sale. It was lots of fun to do, as there were many Artisans of Western MA in attendance. I love that I've made pals with so many other local vendors through this group. Shows seem to fly by in a flash when you've got some friends there with you.

Up next is Opening Weekend at Boston's South End Open Market (also referred to as SoWa Market), this Saturday and Sunday. So far, it looks like we're going to have fantastic weather (knock on wood)... 70's and partly cloudy. It should be a grand ole time- a farmer's market, lots of crafty folks, and an antique market- It all adds up to an awesomely unique outdoor shopping experience. I'll be sharing my booth with the lovely Lou Leelyn of Lou's Upcycles. Also at the market will be our good friend from AWM, Betsy Archer, selling her photo t-shirts and such. I'll have lots of new work with me this weekend, things that have not yet debuted in my Etsy shop. You won't want to miss this celebratory event that's kicking off the South End Open Market's 2010 season. Visit their website for more info: http://southendopenmarket.com

Hope to see you out at a show sometime this summer! ~Cheers~

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to do my first craft show this fall - totally nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should do it! Although doing craft shows is a lot of work, it can be so rewarding to get out there and meet your customers directly. It's also a good feeling to connect with other vendors who are on a similar path as you. Best of luck!

    Cheers,

    Karen Ducey
    Handmade Moon

    ReplyDelete