Friday, May 21, 2010

A Great Start to the Season...

Vendors get prepared for the weekend. Photo by Lou Leelyn.

Last weekend, I headed east to Boston to sell my work at the South End Open Market with my friend Lou of Lou's Upcycles. It was a long weekend and a lot of work but totally worth all the effort. My Saturday morning started at 4:00am and I arrived home at 9:30 Sunday night. It's a lot of work to set-up and break-down a mini storefront each day! Luckily, we stayed with a friend of mine in Cambridge on Saturday night. Despite the long days, I had a lot of fun chatting with customers and fellow vendors, and the weather couldn't have been more perfect or picturesque! There was a strong turnout and I happened to bump into old friends from high school and college. The new location for the market is great. It's easier to find, on a major road (Albany St), and visible from I-93. Plus, the new spot is just one block away from the Medieval Manor, a theater-restaurant that my family owns and operates. We'll have to head there for some good laughs, feast, n' flagon after one of the upcoming markets!
Part of the Moon & Sundries display.

Moon & Sundries' Pressed Leaf Earrings. Photo by Lou Leelyn.

In other news, I just found out that I will be selling my work in the Community Marketplace at the Garlic & Arts Festival this year! I'm jumping out of my seat I'm so excited! This is one of my very favorite cultural events and I'm so honored and excited to be a part of it for the first time this year. Mark your calendars for October 2 & 3... you don't want to miss it!

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment